I’d like to inform you of some legislative success. SB 406 was voted out of the House Public Health Committee with unanimous approval on the afternoon of Friday, April 26. The next step for this bill is to go to the House Calendars Committee followed by placement on the House General Calendar for consideration by the full House of Representatives.
As Texas Nurse Practitioners continues to grow and develop, we will be able to strengthen our abilities and build the type of coalitions and relationships that will help us reach our ultimate goal of full practice authority for all nurse practitioners. We are getting there and SB 406 is but a first step in that journey.
However, TNP cannot continue to grow without your continued support and most importantly your membership. I’d like to remind you that membership in TNP has great benefits. Here are but a few of these:
- Educational opportunities such as pharmacology updates, reduced registration fees to the Annual conference, and an online Spanish course
- Access to the career center
- Savings on the APRN Guide for Practice in Texas
- TNP news, quarterly newsletter, and monthly e-newsletters
- Q&A: practice questions answered through online panel
- 15% discount on Fitzgerald Health Education Associates
- NSO’s professional liability program designed to fit your needs and budget
- Legislative efforts: Lobbying efforts performed by TNP and its organizational partners with regular updates on the progress of these efforts.
- Ability to participate on committees such as membership, marketing, and government action.
- Ability to serve on statewide task forces.
- 15% off Medelita (lab coats, scrubs, etc)
- $10 off your AANP membership
- Opportunity for service grants through the TNP Foundation
Please help TNP celebrate this small victory by joining our organization, showing your love for your profession, and making your voice (and all APRNs voices) stronger. Together we can increase access to healthcare across our state and improve our profession. Become a member at www.texasnp.org.Robert Metzger, DNP, APRN, FNP-BCTexas Nurse Practitioners, Dallas/Denton Representative